Thursday, April 14, 2011

Thank you, Sir Winston Churchill!

‎"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."
- Winston Churchill


Some of you may have read that quote on my Facebook page last night.  I like to Google quotes on different topics now and then. Usually, I do this when I am in a mood or needing some inspiration or a pick me up.  I was having a moment and decided to Google. And I came across this quote from Mr. Churchill.  A light switch was turned on.


Some people have shared with me (or not with me, but others) that they find some of my blog entries offensive, mean or inappropriate.  Let me start by saying this: I do not really care what you think. I am merely addressing this so there will be no more confusion. If you don't like what I choose to write about, or how I write about it, you simply do not need to read it. No one is forcing you to. And, I will in no way be offended by you choosing to read elsewhere. You are not the first person to dislike something I do and I know sure as shit, you won't be the last.


Based on all this, you may think I am super tough and very extraverted.  Not true. I am somewhat quiet and keep to myself when I am in new situations or around new people. I am not one to just show up somewhere and be like, "hey, here I am!"  (Hence, why attending the University of Kansas did not go well for me) A lot of people find me cold, stand-offish, snobby, and unapproachable.  I can see why they think that. I get it. But, once you do take the time to get to know me, you will see that I am loud and very opinionated and I will let you know exactly what I think, whether you asked or not. Know though, that I ALWAYS share my thoughts with the most sincere of intentions. If I tell you that you should (or shouldn't) do something, there is a reason behind it. I would never tell you to do something that would cause you harm. It comes from a place of love and concern, caring and compassion. This goes for my family, friends and co-workers. I mean no disrespect and I truly care about you and  your well-being. 


On the flipside of this coin: harm me, my kids, my family or my friends, there will be a problem.  I have a big heart. I am generous and will give you the shirt off my back if you need it. But, take advantage of me, and you will be sorry.  I do not talk poorly of people for no reason. Trust me when I tell you that if I have said something negative about you or someone else, there is a reason behind it.  Usually, I do not bother bad mouthing people to others. I was raised that if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing.  But, some people do such horrendous, awful things, that to talk about it simply is a way for me to deal with it.  You do not have to listen or partake in the conversation with me. That's totally cool. But don't judge me for doing it. You (most of you) do not have all the details. 


So, to Sir Winston Churchill, yes, I have enemies. But it is because I have stood up for something that I think is worth fighting for. And for that, I have no regrets, nor will I apologize for being true to myself. 

2 comments:

  1. Good for you!! Stick to your beliefs. Someone else once said "I may not always be right, but I'm never wrong."

    ReplyDelete