Saturday, April 2, 2011

Keurig & Kids

Here's the advantage to purchasing appliances kids know how to use: they can do things for you.

The Keurig has to be one of my all time favorite inventions. I've had mine for over 2.5 years. I purchased it before all the hype at Target, Costco and Bed, Bath & Beyond. I bought mine while watching QVC one day. (yes, I used to watch this channel sometimes) I did not realize how this machine would change my life. To have coffee (or hot chocolate or tea) in under a minute?! To have any flavor you may want to have? Any brand?? Genius!!!! I admit that this machine, while it did get a lot of use, has gotten the most use in the last couple of months since I cannot do my Dunkin Donuts or Starbucks daily runs. And, it has saved me a ton of money as well!!!!

What is even better is that my Issac now loves to play barista and make my coffee for me. He knows exactly how I like it, with extra cream and 2 sweeteners. And, he takes such pride in making my coffee. He does a little dance and strikes up a conversation with me, just like they do at Starbucks. Only, I have no line to wait in and no one in front of me ordering a double tall decaf soy chai latte with sugar free hazelnut. When I want a refill, Issac is more than happy to take care of that as well.

I need to find more appliances that are kid friendly for my house.  Maybe, I should have Issac make me some coffee and I should watch some QVC and see what other cool new appliances I can get for my house.

1 comment:

  1. My wonderful children bought us the Keurig for our Anniversary last year. Everything you said about it is true. It is the best Anniversary Gift we have ever received. I just love it! I am so proud of Issac. What a cute Barista!!

    ReplyDelete