Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Karma--do people get what they deserve?

For years, I have listened to people say that "people will get what they deserve" or "they'll get theirs" or "karma will catch up with them".  Will it?  Will the people who treat others poorly, the people with little or no character, no ethics, no feelings, or who are just downright nasty get what they deserve?

Have you ever known that person who never has bad things happen to them? Their cloud always has a silver lining? No matter what goes on, the grass is always greener with them. Many times, these people have done nothing worthy of having everything go their way. In fact, I have found, more often than not, these people don't have kind hearts or good intentions. They just seem to have luck.  Then, there are the people who try and do and bend over backwards to help people and all they do is get shit on. Are they going to get what they deserve? When their time is up and they move on to the after life, will someone be waiting for them with a drink and a big gold sticker to praise them for all of their hard work?

When Billy Joel said "only the good die young" he knew what he was talking about. So often you hear stories of younger people who die young; and then you see people still wandering around and you wonder, how are they not dead yet? You know why they aren't dead.....because even the devil doesn't want them. They are that evil, that cold hearted and who wants to be around that?

I have to wonder sometimes what I did to deserve the hand that I was dealt. Don't get me wrong...my life, now, is wonderful. It wasn't always that way. I have been thru many a trial and tribulation. I've come out on the other end, stronger, tougher, more aware, kinder....sometimes a little bitter....but for the most part, I think I'm a better person because of all of it. These events have shaped me into the person I have become. I like who I am. (most days)  I appreciate life. I appreciate the gifts I have been given. I appreciate the people in my life and am grateful for them. I feel badly for the people who "don't get it". They take advantage, they are self righteous, they do whatever they have to in order to get what they want, no matter who they hurt along the way. I have faith that one day these people will get what they deserve. I don't know whether it will really happen. But, I have to have faith that it will happen. Without faith and hope, what else is there?

No comments:

Post a Comment