Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Every New Beginning Comes From Some Other Beginnings End

Today is the first day of the rest of his life....my brother Jordan's life, that is. Without getting into a whole lot of detail, as it is too much bullshit to get into and it's probably not most appropriate, today begins a whole new book for him. Many people would say a new chapter, but after what has gone on this year, it's time for the sequel. And, seeing as we are upon the Jewish New Year, Rosh Hashana, the timing could not be more appropriate. This rather unpleasant year is going to end, and we have a new, fresh year ahead of us.

Jordan is one of the most courageous, bravest, street smart people that I know. Jordan has endured so much over the course of the last year (well, last couple of years if you count his back surgery and the road that led him there) and while there were many bumps, hills and valleys, he always kept his head held high. He remained true to himself and to what he believed in. He refused to compromise his integrity. He refused to play dirty. He remained honest and loyal, even when others did not. He learned what it meant to have true friends. He learned that some people cannot be trusted. And, he kept his composure when he had to...which many people are not capable of. (I can lose my shit at the drop of a hat.....not to say Jordan didn't have moments, but, when it mattered, he was able to pull it together.)

Jordan has also had a fabulous support system throughout it all. (Ahem, can you tell where this part is going?? LOL) I like to pride myself (and my family)  on the fact that we are always there for each other; no matter how bad things get, we handle it together. Some people get confused since we are often rather loud and vocal with our opinions; do not misunderstand--it ALL comes from love. And, then there is Jenna, Jordan's fiance.  She has stood by him and supported him throughout this ordeal--for that, I thank her.

Anyway, what I am trying to get at is this: I am really proud of my brother.  He has accomplished great things and I know that he will continue to do so. What we call the beginning is often the end. And to make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from.” So, as this year ends, Jordan is about to make a new beginning. I wish him nothing but the best in all of his endeavors. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment