Friday, July 22, 2011

Back to Life!

Hi all! Long time, no writing. I got to start driving again last week and that's all I've been doing. I missed it SO very much and so happy to be able to again. I will never take that for granted again!

Not sure if I mentioned that we got a new puppy. She's an English Bulldog and we named her Bailey. She's adorable and so far, so good.  I have no idea what I am doing as far as training and raising a puppy but I am trying. For the most part, the kids are helping out. We'll see how long that lasts for.

My sister made her move to Nashville for her promotion. She's been gone for a week and it feels like forever. I miss her. Steve and I are going with our BF's to visit in September. Seems like a lifetime away. BUT--the boys get to go visit her in a month!!!! My mom is taking all of them for a weekend to go see her. They are SO excited!!!!

Our big Cooperstown trip is approaching and that should be interesting. Steve found out he cannot get out of work to go with us. So, it's just my mom, the boys and me for 12 days, in a car, traveling around. Good times. The team and their coaches stay on the property of the park in a cabin. So...each of the parents are responsible for bringing items the boys will need in the cabins. I am bringing a couple cases of water and a sign reminding the boys of what they need for the games before they leave each day, since no mom will be present. I bought foam board and giant letters and borders to make a really pretty sign.  Andrew laughed at me since I have ZERO artistic ability. My mom laughed saying that no one will read the sign anyway.

While at Target yesterday, during my time of purchasing my said art supplies, a woman walked into the store. I want to preface this by saying, here in the Chicago area, the heat index was about 110 degrees yesterday.  This woman, wearing her sleeveless, Ralph Lauren t-shirt dress, felt the need to also wear her pink, Ralph Lauren sweater tied around her shoulders to complete the outfit. Really? 110 DEGREES.  I get she was trying to make a statement. I think it was a stupid statement but I think the dress alone would've covered it.  Why on Earth would you wear the sweater tied over your shoulders???  Then again, why am I letting this bother me so much? I have no answer to any of these questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment