Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Valentines Day, The Arcade and Needing a Gallon of Bleach

Happy February everyone!!!! I love February! My most favorite day of the year, Valentine's Day, falls this month. My house is decorated. I have started purchasing gifts for the kids and Steve and Bailey is wearing her Valentine's Day collar.

We returned home from our long anticipated family vacation this past Saturday. We took a cruise with the kids and some of my family. We had a truly incredible week--one I will never forget. It was so great to be able to have such quality time together and to be able to relax and just be. None of us ever get to just be. We all needed it

What we did NOT need was a $340 bill from the arcade on the ship. That is correct. Your read that right. THREE HUNDRED FORTY DOLLARS. I am partially to blame for this mishap. After being woken by a false fire alarm at our hotel in Miami, boarding the ship, and unpacking all 6 of us, I was super tired and just wanted a 20 minute nap. The kids were super excited and refused to quiet down. So I told them (after a TON of their pestering) that they could go to the arcade for a little bit. Less than an hour later, I was awakened to see the watches my kids had "won" at the arcade. I figured these watches ran me about $100--about $97 more than they were worth, but I got to nap. The next night, as we sat waiting for Blue Man Group to start, Andrew asked if he could speak to me privately later on. I had an empty seat next to me and told him to sit down and we could talk. He confessed to the boys spending that much money and told me that they planned to pay me back for all the games. He thought I knew about the phone call Steve had received. I played along..I didn't yell...I just said ok and thank you for your honesty. Then I got pissed. What phone call??? Steve knew about this????So, I turned to ask him about this phone call. He said that morning, after I took the kids to the buffet, he got a call in the room from guest services. They had noticed the "unusual activity" on the boys room/charge cards and wanted him to be aware.  Uh, ok. Why was I not aware? His response: "I was waiting for a good time to tell you." which is code for, "when you see the bill and go bat shit crazy, you'll know what happened." Needless to say, I was not happy with anyone at that point, but decided to not let it ruin my trip--what was done was done and mark my words, these boys will pay back every dime.

A couple days later, we were making our first port stop. Zion was SO EXCITED to visit his first "island" as he had never been on one. My parents took him onto St. Maarten with them. Upon their return to the ship, I asked Zion how his day was. As he started to tell me about the cool new bracelet he got and how he had "the best day ever", my mother was also speaking and telling me how the poor kid threw up about 10 times, starting in the cab and proceeded to keep going. Uh.....WHAT?????? The cab ride was apparently an awful one and he appeared to get car sick from it. But, Zion is a real trooper when sick. He doesn't cry or complain or even make a peep. That's the only problem. He doesn't tell anyone he is about to vomit, so you need to watch him. My mom quickly learned that and had it all under control. Zion also picked out a bracelet for me that is filled with "gems" and he thought I would love it. It was exceptionally sweet and considerate of him and I greatly appreciate his thoughtfulness. 

We had breakfast with the Nickelodeon characters (including SpongeBob, Patrick, Dora and Diego) which of course was the highlight for so many of us. We even ate green slime syrup with our mini pancakes.Andrew was too cool to join us for this pre-paid breakfast so my mom joined us. I think she had the best time of any of us. SpongeBob and Patrick don't drive her crazy at all.

Since returning home and doing an endless amount of laundry (much thanks to Steve for heading up that department!) we have some really icky germs going on in our house. Stomach flu, ear infection, coughs, colds and my poor baby girl Bailey looks like many of the seniors on the ship, hobbling around with some sort of hip problem. Maybe I should go get her a scooter that makes noises when it drives so people know to stay out of her way when approaching a buffet. I'll be taking her to the vet this afternoon--if Steve doesn't need his car. Yes, we are down to one right now. My car needed work and after dealing with the PITA people at the dealership who promised us a loaner car, Steve did not get one this morning. He and Zion received a ride home in the courtesy vehicle and we'll get a call later with an update on my car. Kinda wish Zion had thrown up in it--that would teach them a lesson on lying to Kerry. In the meantime, the car may have to stay longer than anticipated since someone appears to have hit the back of my car and chrome is hanging from it----I missed seeing all of this last night when 2 of the boys and I got home from dinner with their grandma for her birthday. How I missed seeing it is beyond me, but maybe lack of sleep the last couple of nights has something to do with it?

All in is, well, life. These bumps in our road are just bumps. We'll get over all of it. It always makes us laugh and that is the best medicine anyone could ask for.

No comments:

Post a Comment