Monday, January 9, 2012

I'm 13 and I Know It

LMFAO is ruining my life. I happen to enjoy some of their music....."Party Rock" and "I'm Sexy and I Know It" are fun. "Shots", not so much. "I Am Not a Whore"......I won't go there. But---these "musicians" (probably because one of them has a father in the music industry) are poisoning the minds of my children, but mostly, my oldest son's.

Since he turned 13 about 2 months ago.....this kid thinks he's a "shmexy beast" (whatever that is) and he knows everything and I, apparently, am a moron.  This all sounds par for the course, now that he is an official teenager, but, really, it's annoying.  I was 13 once too. I thought I knew it all and that my parents knew nothing. (little did I know...) But I NEVER walked around with this cocky, arrogant attitude making people try to believe that I was holier than thou.  I play it off that he is "self-confident" and has good "self-esteem". Right. If he keeps it up, in about 3 years, some girl is going to smack the shit out of him for acting like this. And, he'll deserve it.  Have I told him this? Nope. Remember, I am his MOTHER and I am a moron.

Is this how cocky guys start out??? Or---is it an influence of the stupid-ass songs on the radio?? I'm sexy and I know it...have you seen these two? I mean, I know that part of their "charm" is that they are making fun of themselves. But, something tells me they have girls fawning all over them. And, because of that, my son thinks that he too will have girls fawning all over him. Don't get me wrong---I mean, yes, I am completely biased as his mother---but the boy is so cute; has been since day 1. He has the same face as he did in his 3 month old picture. And, he is a NICE boy. (again...I admit to the bias) He's polite and kind and well mannered. (usually) I'll try not to hurt myself patting my own back. But, really, LMFAO is kind of ruining him, just a little bit. He'll treat a girl nicely, but he'll probably end up doing something stupid, as most guys do.  I know one day my baby will get his heart broken by some little biatch....as every guy does. And then, it'll be up to this moron to fix it.

1 comment:

  1. I am confident, that when he comes to you to fix his problems, you will say the right thing. For now, hang in there. In a blink of an eye, he will be getting married.

    ReplyDelete